Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Quarter Four

I choose my composition for my instrument the flute "Memories of the Sad Solider". My piece I think represented a sad solider that survived after the war or World War 2. The song I felt was had a very powerful memory of pain, suffering, and the loss of too many lives. That idea gave me inspiration to write down this piece of music.


The speed of my composition is about 100 per note which, is really medium speed compared to the songs we are going to play for the concert this coming May. When I play that song that I made I feel as if I go back to the mid 1900's during the time of the war.


I think that this piece was not very well played because I was nervous during the time I played it to my peers in band class that day. But overall, I think I did a good job in making the piece itself.

No comments: