Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Quarter Three


I chose my “Deathly Air (an air pollution paper)” as my reflection for Quarter 3 social studies reflection. The environmental report itself talks about choosing a topic that truly hurts the environment such as, Global Warming, Oil spills, Water Pollution, and so on. Then we would have to research about that problem on the internet and then explain about the problems, and the solutions that the big business can do, and we ourselves can do to stop this major problem from growing bigger.

As we go on also you start to talk about other things, such as interesting facts about the topic that you are doing, how and why people are actually causing this threat to the world, and how it is produced.

I learned a lot of interesting facts about air pollution that I did not really know that well. For example I know that the most polluted 2 cities on Earth are Tokyo, Japan, and Bangkok, Thailand. At first I was shocked to see those two the most polluted cities because they are very populated (but I thought at the same time that did not use a lot of cars there because of the population of the cities). I also learned that an average 30-230 people die from urban air pollution from cars, businesses etc.

I think that if we stop air pollution we can prevent many world-wide dieses, polluted air in the environment, dead plants due to the air, and the less profit of oil daily.

No comments: