Monday, October 6, 2008

Quarter One



The first major activity that we did this quarter was the perimeter and area garden project. The project was about understanding the purpose of using perimeter and area, into formatting two types of gardens with different measurements. There are two types of gardens one flower garden and two vegetable gardens.

The purpose of the project was to correctly use perimeter and area and to identify any differences by answering questions that were on the sheet. For example question A. Asks you to use either perimeter or area to identify the measurements around the border of a fence. Of course the correct way to measure the border of the fence would be perimeter using the formula (2L+2W) to find the total in inches, centimeters, etc. around the fence. The second purpose was to correctly measure the gardens on rough paper and on the final copy on the poster board.

I learned how to correctly use and actually review what I have learned about perimeter and area and use it in a fun and creative way. It was also interesting when we saw everyone else’s gardens and compare it to our own projects.

I could have learned differently if I had not crammed it at the last minute and not think correctly when I put the final copy on the poster board. Also I could have learned differently if I did the gardens in a different format such as photos etc my first draft of my project even, was done incorrectly because I did not really understand the directions.
I think my this project realtes to my "up to date" goals because I did not really accomplish the up to date goal by not doing it a bit early and finishing it at the last minute.

No comments: