Sunday, February 1, 2009

Quarter Two


In quarter two, we learned the basis of Microsoft excel. One of the activities that we were meant to do was a calendar of December 2008 in the correct format. The activity took about one hour, and we had a list of the directions that we were supposed to do in order to complete the calendar correctly. The calendar was also made in a way that it can be used for day notes or as a schedule to write on the box.

The purpose of the activity was for us to put our understanding of Microsoft Excel into a way that can be used such as a graph, calendar, spreadsheet, etc. Learning how to make specific charts on Microsoft Excel will also benefit us later on in high school and in the future, to make more precise neat graphs and spreadsheets. Another main purpose was that it helps make most solving and graphing very easy which is was my encouragement to learn more about Excel.
While doing the calendar I learned that you have to be very precise when it comes to doing an Excel document. For example, if the directions sheet wants you to change your row height to 21 and you accidentally type in the wrong number, your row height will be completely different. Also, when you are adding lines or add-ons you have to have the specific formula for repeating the thing you want correctly, or else it will come out completely wrong or just messed up. One more important thing I learned was that it helps to know where everything is on Excel because if you do not it will take you a while to adjust to where you want to format your cells, or change your font etc.

I could have learned differently if I was paying more attention to where exactly all the applications that were needed for me to change the stuff on my sheet, which then would have made it faster and easier to locate what I need to use at a specific direction. It was also hard for me to do the numbers and the lines on the calendar which took me more time than putting the base of the calendar. Merging and centering cells took me a while to find also, which then I realized it was one of the options on the toolbar.

This relates to my goal of organization, because it helps to know where things are on the Excel especially when you have a test and you would get all confused and stressed if you do not know where the applications you need are located.

No comments: