Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Quarter Three


The activity of the eyeball dissection was to show us what we were actually learning, by letting us open an eyeball and actually seeing what was inside it helped everyone see and be amazed at how the eye is so complex and full with interesting niches that make the eye what it is. Another purpose of the dissection was for us to learn how to properly dissect any part of the body by careful cutting, following the directions carefully, and careful partners who know what they are doing.

The purpose of the eyeball dissection was to show us how the eyeball functions and how it connects to the other parts of the body through the Optic nerve. Another purpose of the dissection was to show us how to properly dissect any part of the body of any animal by following the teacher’s the instructions and properly cutting what needs to be cut. It was also interesting to see all the parts of the eye and to actually use them, applying the lens to a piece of paper and reading with it, and understanding how the parts of the eye work before we do the dissection. The idea of dissection is important because you have to know what you are doing when you are dissecting because you do not get second chances.

When we did the dissection of the sheep’s eye, I learned to calm myself down because if you are not careful, the whole procedure of cutting will be ruined which in turn ruins the dissection. It is also important to be careful when examining parts of the eye as not to ruin something while you are trying to examine the inside of the eye. Applying the parts of the eye into objects such as putting the lens on the newspaper was something that I also found interesting when I was dissecting.
I could have learned differently if I wasn’t so afraid of the eyeball at the beginning of the dissection and treated it like I was opening an apple and finding out what was inside. My partner and I also went ahead at the beginning without the teacher’s instructions and I could have learned differently if I listened to the teacher’s instructions and filling out the information before starting the next steps. I had a hard time remembering what the parts of the eye, which prevented me from going to the next step.

If my goal was listening skills, then it would be because during the dissection I had a hard time listening to the instructions because I had afraid of dissecting an eyeball etc. While we were dissecting, I did not listen properly to the instructions which in turn caused my partner and I to behind schedule.

No comments: