Friday, March 20, 2009

Quarter Three


A week before Pi day, we were assigned to create a lesson plan for a certain grade that we had to teach from 8:00 am to 9:45 am. We also had to make posters and visuals according to what grade we taught. Since my group taught kindergarten, we had to create posters and visuals to teach them about Pi, diameter, circumference, radius, the numbers of Pi, etc.

The purpose of Pi day was to teach the kindergartners what Pi is, why it is important, and what is important in a circle. Pi day also showed me how to create a logical lesson plan that made sense to little kids and that it was not too hard for them to understand what I was teaching them. I think the most important thing that I learned was how to teach people about anything in general; being patient, take any questions, and possibly even re-teaching to the students so that they can truly understand what Pi and the basis of the circle are.

I learned how to make a lesson plan that makes sense and is clear for any teacher to use when needed for Pi day. Learning how to teach little kids and answering their questions was also something that I successfully learned when I was teaching the little on Pi day. I also learned how to make a lesson about Pi that kindergarteners can understand without too much confusion or questions and also let them have a fun time.

I could have learned differently if I prepared more interesting activities for the little kids to do, because I think that the kindergartners did not understand as well then that I thought would. I also could have learned differently if I did not finish everything in one day and counted more on my partners to do some of the preparation for teaching the two lessons. If we had more time, I could have learned that teachers usually have more than 45 minutes to explain something to their students, especially if it is a group of little kids.

If my goal was procrastination, then I would say that I did not really perform this goal as I thought I would because I did everything that has to do with the craft side of the project was done at the last minute which really irritated me later and caused my grade to go down. I think that procrastination also lowered my grade generally; I did my poster late which resulted to go down after all the hard that I put into everything else.

No comments: