Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quarter Three


The science fair was based on choosing a partner and to learn and apply something interesting in effort and teamwork. After we are done choosing an interesting experiment, we would work diligently on the project and finish all the deadlines on time. When we have successfully done the experiment, we would put all the detailed information on our display and make the display noticeable, decorative, and interesting to read.

There were many purposes to the science fair but I think the most important purpose was not what we learned, but how we were able to work with a partner and be cooperative even if we did not agree over how the display should look, who should bring the supplies, etc. I think the second most important purpose was what we actually learned from doing our experiment. Since Nora and I did our experiment about Health Science, it was interesting how people were so surprised what they eat everyday their reactions made my partner and I very happy to see and glad that we actually did that particular experiment. The display was also very important and it was vital that our display had a lot of background research, pictures, and an explainable graph so that if both of us were not at our display, the reader or viewer of the display would find the experiment easy to understand.

Last year, I had problems during the science fair; my experiment was not as efficient, my poster had to be redone, and I had nothing to graph for my experiment. When it came time for this year’s science fair I learned how to choose an experiment that is easy to do, but at the same time has a very important meaning that people can benefit from. Since I had a partner this time, I was not the one deciding everything for the project, which made the project display look better and neater than the one I had last year. The experiment that we did this year was also a lot better than my experiment last year because of the fact that it was just a visual experiment but it had a no real purpose to it. Another important aspect that I learned was how to correctly organize myself for the science and to turn everything and always ask questions or concerns for the teacher to know that there is something wrong with your experiment.

I could have learned differently if I presented better for the science fair, especially when it came time to present for the high school students. The day of Science fair, I was mostly the one presenting when my partner was walking around so I could have learned more if we had an equivalent time span for a person to present to several people and then the other person could be walking around and learning more about the other experiments. I also learned differently when I got the tips from the high school students and how to stand, talk, and how to present a project. When it came to the display, my partner, Nora did most of the work so I could have learned differently if I contributed more to the poster and worked with her on it.

This relates to my goal of organization because at the beginning we had a hard time trying to find the correct to use, which caused the time to run by without progress, until we had eventually found the correct magnet to use for the experiment. But after the stage of the magnet, my partner and I got on the right track and started working through the experiment, though we had to change the procedures of the experiment; and were very interested in knowing the results of the three cereals.

No comments: