Friday, April 10, 2009

Quarter Three



The Chapter 7 exam was basically a test to make sure that we knew everything in chapter 7 from Ratios and Rates to Simple Probability. It was also to see if we knew and could combine things from different chapters that we have learned into the test. For example, percentage problems required a fraction over 100 or to get percentage you would multiply by 100 to get your answer for percentage. For proportions you need to know how to cross multiply to get the correct equation. My grade for the test was a 22.5/26 which is about a B+.

The purpose of the chapter seven test was to make sure we knew the math for chapter seven. Especially when it was a percentage lessons such as Percent of change, finding the change of an old amount to a new amount and finding the change in percentage, Percent applications, using percentage to change the amount of an item and then adding or subtracting the percentage amount to get the new amount, and percent equations, using a word problem and changing it into an equation with a percentage value or a number value. Learning chapter 7 was also important because it had math that was important for business and is valuable if you are going to have a career in business or economy.

I learned how to properly use percent and to know what percent actually is. Another important thing that I learned about percentage was the vocabulary such as discount, which makes the price lower, markup, which makes the price higher, and tax, which is added to your total. Proportions were also important because you apply cross-multiplying in many of your equations. I also had refreshment on Simple Probability and ratios while learning chapter 7.

I could have learned differently if I did not think that percentage was such a hard thing to do, while in fact it was a very easy thing once you put your mind to it. It would also been helpful if that I did not think as most of the problems as easy because I already know the way to do the questions, which caused me to miss a lot of problems.

If my goal was watching mistakes, then It would be because when it came to do things that were simple such as simple probability I always made simple mistakes which, of course, marked off points while I was doing any assignment. It was also important for me to realize what I was doing wrong so I could avoid the mistake.

No comments: