Sunday, April 19, 2009

Quarter Three

You work as a secret agent for the Americans during the American Revolution. The assignment is to write the letter that you’re assigned to from the major, in this case Mrs. Prairie, and write it a specific code of your choosing such as a code with symbols, numbers etc. After you are done with writing the letter in code, you would give the recipient, the spy that in your class that you are sending the message to, an explainable map showing them where the letter is inside the campus and then you would give him/her the key for the code so they can start deciphering the letter. The whole activity was supposed to show us how the Americans and British would used to send letters to other spies and making it not understandable without a finding the key for the code.

I learned how to properly make a spy letter and send it correctly to the right recipient. I also learned how to decipher a letter that it is in code; the more code probably the more information in the letter. The most vital thing is that you had to be aware of a double agent, which was a person who tracks people down to see where their hidden letters are.

In complete honesty, this lesson did not work for me because I did not understand the basis of code and it was hard for me figure out what to do when It came time to making a letter into code. I also found it difficult to show them exactly where the location of the letter was because I am not really good with directions. I think the best for us to have learned this lesson was to just make up our own letter and give it to someone to decipher with all the directions without have the need for the map.

I could have learned differently if I properly made the spy letter because I made a letter and put the important information in it which was not what I was supposed to do. I also could have learned differently if I understood the basis of codes better because when It came to actually do the code for my letter, I did not understand what I had to do in order to get the grade I wanted.

No comments: