Monday, May 25, 2009

Quarter Four


Mathletics was an assignment that was given to us to test our ability in mental math and different topics of math that we were supposed to do in order to get a good grade. The time limit for mental math was sixty seconds with people facing you from around the globe. The chapter tests of different topics, however, had no time limit and we were allowed to use our calculator in order to answer the questions. We had around five days to finish at least six different chapters and take their tests and complete the math day challenge of sixty seconds as many times as we could.

The purpose of Mathletics was to review the basics of mental math and to learn and to review about chapters that we had to complete. It was also to show and introduce us to people from different countries when playing the live math challenge. There were some chapters that we did not actually learn so the purpose of the test was for us to acquire different chapters that we had not learned about.

World math day helped me to revise on my mental math and at the same time learn different chapters of math and taking quizzes that helped me keep the chapter in my head. Mathletics was also important because it had different rounds of mental math and the higher the level, the more difficult the problems would be. For example, in lesson four it is the hardest because it has different operations in one problem.

I could have learned differently if I had more time to do the project, since I had to cram all the tests in a short period of time. It was also very nerve-racking for me to do many different types of live math day challenges in a short period of time since my schedule did not really have time for it.

This relates to my goal of organization because it shows how you have to organize your time in order to do all of the tests and live challenges in a time that you can manage, which I had trouble doing. It also helps to find out what was the easiest test to perform and finish the easy tests first than the tests that needed more time or were more difficult.

No comments: