Monday, June 8, 2009

Quarter One



The first sport that we took during Physical Education was Volleyball. In order to play a game of Volleyball, there must be two teams with six people in each team and the two teams are separated by a net. Through specific rules, each team tries to score points by grounding a ball on the other team’s court. In general, their are six different positions that a player can have; right back, right front, middle front, left front, left back, and middle back and they are all responsible for a certain role in the game from attack to defend.

The purpose of performing volleyball was to remember how to play the sport from last year and to recall how it felt to play volleyball. Another reason was that new students could learn about the basics of volleyball and to know how to play with a new group. In Volleyball, it is important to know which type of serve is best for you, which was the purpose of practicing and acquiring the sport more.

I learned many things while playing volleyball. At first, serving a ball was a hard thing for me to accomplish, but when I learned different strategies on how to serve a ball; it was easier to choose which tactic best fits me. Playing volleyball during P.E. also helped me when I played volleyball during lunch R and R because it helped explain to me were each player is supposed to be and what they do.
I could have learned differently if I paid more attention to how the game is played, particularly on how to serve, and how I affect the team when I do not know how to play as well as my team does. I did not really remember what I actually did in volleyball the previous year and because of that I had a hard time acquiring and understanding the basics.

If my goal was attention, then I would have applied to this sport. I did not really give all of my full effort when it came to volleyball and therefore it was hard for me to play. I also would have wanted to pay more attention from the previous year and to have preformed as best as I could so I perform better the next time I play.

No comments: