Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Quarter Three



In quarter three, we played badminton. Badminton is a two-four player game using a shuttle cock for a ball. In order to score a point on the other player or team, you must hit the shuttle into an area that is after the server line and before the outline and the cannot reach. Rules are different according to what type of game you are playing, one vs. one or two vs. two. Overall, badminton is a very quick sport that requires concentration and effort in order to get the score you want.

The purpose of learning badminton was to understand how to play the sport and know its rules, and then we would use the knowledge we have learned and put it into a game. Badminton is also the only racket sport we do over the year, so it is important that we play it each year. Another purpose is that it helps refresh on how we played from the previous year and helps us play with different people and that helps us improve.

Playing Badminton for the second time helped me to master the basic skills of the game, and at the same time I enjoyed it more because I finally learned how to actually play a game without stopping from time to time. Badminton also requires keen concentration and I learned that every time when I played a game. Team work is also important when you are playing a doubles game and it is important to give eye contact and concentration to your opponent.

I could have learned differently if I performed better during a game and improved my serving skills. I also could have learned differently if I played with different people and with the P.E. teacher to see how fast a game could actually be.
This does not relate to my goals.

No comments: