Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Quarter Two


The second sport that we did this year was soccer. This sport is performed with about ten players each team. Each team also has players with different positions such as attacker, midfielder, or defense. A regular soccer game lasts about 90 minutes and through the whole game it is refereed by three people. If a person does more than 2 fouls, he/she is kicked out of the rest of the game. Overall, soccer is very exciting to play and it the key to playing this game successfully is through teamwork, effort, and keen concentration.

The purpose of soccer was to learn how to use teamwork and to require the basics of the game by playing it each year. Another purpose would be to improve our running because soccer is on of the most productive sports that require a lot of energy and leg endurance in order to play successfully.

I enjoy playing soccer but I never really learned the essential way of the rules like passing, attacking to get to your opponent’s goal post and so on. Soccer tryouts also helped me a great deal because it gave me more muscle endurance and learn the basics of soccer and how to be a better goalie. Playing soccer numerous times over the week helped me forget the pain that happens from soccer and it also helped to lessen the pain at the same time.

Unfortunately I had to drop out of soccer, so I could have learned differently if continued playing soccer and mastered the basic skills more and that would have allowed to have a more clear understanding on how to efficiently pass a ball and guard a goal post. Another way I could have learned differently was that gave more effort during after school soccer and to apply what I learned at after school soccer into P.E. soccer.

This does not relate to my goals.

No comments: